Are you worried about your child’s safety online?
Read our tips and advice for practicing good online safety habits.
Tips for parents and children to keep safe online
Talk to your child about their online presence and make sure they:
- NEVER give out personal information such as their address, phone number, school name or real name
- NEVER arrange to meet anyone they have ‘met’ online without taking a responsible adult
- NEVER send images of themselves or friends that they would not like you or their teacher to see!
- ALWAYS be kind and respectful online and treat people as they would in the real world
- KNOW how to close down and report any inappropriate images or content they see online
- Make sure you have up-to-date anti-virus software and parental controls on any home devices
- REPORT any concerns you or they have
If you have any concerns about online sexual abuse or the way someone has been communicating with your child online, make a report to one of CEOP’s Child Protection Advisors by clicking on the CEOP Button below.
Click the Virgin link above to take part in a Children's Online Safety Test
RLA's Acceptable Use Agreement